Spring Has Sprung

 Well, these photos populated this post exactly in reverse chronological order, so we’ll roll with it because I don’t want to troubleshoot it right now. It’s spring and there are better ways to spend the time. I have been taking a lot of closeups lately, because spring blooms are so gorgeous and they change almost every day. Enjoy! 


This isn’t a plant picture, but we are fostering a couple of guinea pigs right now. I was inspired by my siblings who are so kind and considerate to animals to help out too. We can’t foster dogs or cats because of allergies, but so far we are not allergic to the guinea pigs and they are a true joy.

Rena took this one and the next two, and I thought it was really sweet.


This is the free native plant from the plant paloza last year. It has done very well. We have another one that is also getting very large. I will have to cut them back soon.

Some sweet peas are climbing my white sage, but I’m looking forward to their blooms, so I’m keeping them for now.

My random ranunculus that came back is yellow and bright.


Nasturtium, yellow snapdragon, Scabiosa, geranium


Some anemones are too perfect 

Crocuses smell amazing this year

I love the cluster of anemones, they are really my favorite.


Anemone again and the ranunculus zoomed out. I’m not sure what that yellow daisy is since it was one of the wildflowers from the Master Gardeners, but it closes up at night which is fun.

 

Claire picked out this dwarf Euphorbia from Annie’s a couple of years ago, and I love its strange blooms.

Close up of the anemone group. They could be a choir.

I noticed another yesterday, but I thought this might be my only red crocus. I think I like the white better, but I love the patriotic effect.


My last surviving tulip from the freeze debacle. They really say spring more than anything. 


Coriander soon, first blooms of the girls’ groundcover for the year, bachelor button, and Aeonium Zwartkopf with White sage may be my favorite color combination.







I loved the structure of this moth’s wings. They look super windbeaten and bedraggled, but also beautiful somehow. I thought she might be dead, but I went back later and she had moved on.

This is a project I finally put together after thinking about it for too long. It is a pump in a reservoir of water under the water table drain and some tubing attached to bring the water up to the top again. So basically a fountain, but I think it makes the water table infinitely more playable.





We went to the butterfly grove on Pima Beach at the end of February and saw the last of the monarchs heading North. There were about 300 of them flying all over, but I didn’t get a good picture of any resting because they were super active.


I did get one of the fruit they were flying around.



And that’s all for now. Happy spring! 

Comments

Popular Posts