One Last May Post


May is a beautiful month. It’s a transition time, and I need to pull out the sweet peas soon. Still, it’s a beautiful month. It’s why California is called the golden state. Here’s the view out my upstairs window. You can barely see the California poppies I sowed among the many pink geraniums.


My daughters found a cricket and put it in their Bluey playhouse. They really want a pet. We have some allergies though, so I have told them the bugs are their pets/responsibility to treat well. They aren’t allowed to bring them inside though, so they like to bring their houses out to them.


My Fortnight Lily started blooming. I picked this one out for my husband, because he likes Fortnite.



The bouquets are endless this time of year. Also, if anyone knows why some of my sweet pea blooms have that stridation can you let me know? The blooms with that coloring don’t seem as healthy, though I think it’s pretty. I’m curious how it happened and if it means anything. 


Right before it is going to bolt I’m sure because that romaine looks so beautiful. That’s a self reseeded one from the romaine my neighbor Heidi brought me two years ago.


And last, some morning light photos and a couple of the clematis’Polish Spirit’ from Annie’s which has started booming. I think it’s getting eaten by earwigs though because there are a lot of holes in the flowers. I need to start putting out some traps.




Comments

Popular Posts