Dahlia Bloomed and other Sundrys

The sweet peas are now gone, and the space opened up from that has me dreaming about new additions. I’m waiting until we get back from our summer trip, so for now we’re enjoying what is here already.





Dahlia came back from last year and is blooming against all odds. It does clash a bit with the geranium next to it though, so I’m thinking about moving it for next year.

We finally got a good haul of berries to bring inside. I was picking them by myself, so they didn’t get eaten immediately.






We went to the Dunnell Conservation and Nature Park to see the peacocks and cactus garden for a church playground meetup. It reminded us of Arizona. We miss the peacocks at the library and the plants at the desert botanical garden.

I moved my concrete spheres because I bought a trellis for the clematis at Costco.


Open space, lots of potential.



I deadheaded the dianthus and it came back for another round. They have been so long lasting and a joy to have.


The California poppies also still bloom occasionally.





These are the mums I bought last year right before a trip. I’m happy they made it. My daughter also picked out some yellow ones, and they also came back but are not blooming yet.









My girls love all the rolly-pollies and while I was doing my morning observations they decided to make a collection to put on a stick they have in the yard. I love the creative ways they find to learn and grow in the garden. 

Whenever an earwig wandered by trying to join the party though they screamed and waited for me to get rid of it. Luckily we didn’t have too many of those. We also saw two beetles I didn’t recognize and unfortunately a cockroach. They sprayed the home next to us a few days ago, and I wonder if that is what they were spraying. I hope we don’t see any more of those. It’s funny how some insects are instantly loveable and others freak us out. Either way we love learning about them, and that usually makes them less scary.


Comments

Popular Posts