Summer Lilies

Here are the more open pictures of the lilies. I also went to a gardening talk with the master gardeners of my county yesterday about getting gardens through the heat waves. It was a joy to listen and communicate about gardening in a roomful of volunteers and other people who are dedicated to this effort to work for a better world. I miss the ones I trained and volunteered with, and wish I could have been there longer before we moved. Still, I can’t deny the amazing opportunity that being in a new climate every few years is. I might not drink deeply, but widely. Occasionally there is that little  part of me that wants to put down deeper roots and become an established perennial. Since that isn’t possible right now, instead I hope to be like a pea plant and fix some nutrients into the soil and add a little beauty before I pass on to another place.





Comments

Popular Posts