The Quality of Light

 I love early evening light. It’s different than early morning light, but similar in beauty. Pastels look better in early morning, but I have a lot of the more vibrant colors right now that glow in the evening sun.
 


Our broken A/C was replaced, and to celebrate I moved some blue fescue over from my mixed border to be more of a landscape statement. That’s also where I have an attempt at a compost pile since I didn’t have the heart to put all those sweet peas in the green waste bin. I probably will end up putting them in there though because I want that space to plant stuff.

I thought these were marigolds because of where they were, but then I saw the top of a root poking out of the soil and realized they were the rainbow carrots I had planted. I planted most of the packet in a different spot, but those ones ended up getting shaded out. These ones were from a couple of leftover seeds that I scattered around because I didn’t want to have leftover seeds. I’m glad I did that. They were delicious stir fried in olive oil with egg, garlic and spinach.












I love early evening light. It’s different than early morning light, but similar in beauty. Pastels look better in early morning, but I have a lot of the more vibrant colors right now that glow in the evening sun. Also, our broken A/C was replaced and to celebrate I moved some blue fescue over from my mixed border to be more of a landscape statement.


Comments

Popular Posts